You are not logged in.

#1 Sun, Oct 18th, 2015 5:03 pm

ultim8m

Science and religion are both stupid as sh*t

Both science and religion are f*cking horribly stupid.  Not because both think they are right (as if that sh*t weren't enough), but because they both try to discredit eachother. Who gives a flying f*ck if someone believes there is a magical floating man who decides everything. I'd be more worried about the people who think that politics and the voting system are fair and work well.  I feel like people get wrapped up in differences of theistic belief and totally ignore the fucked up sh*t that is going on around them.  There are more important things than arguing about how sh*t in the universe started, because let's say God is a giant lemming and decided to make all this sh*t because he was bored.... what the f*ck then?

~ What makes a person an idiot is their lack of effort to not be one ~

#2 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:29 pm

Freeform
Administrator

Re: Science and religion are both stupid as sh*t

lol the giant lemming thing... I think I get what you are saying.  In short - why are we caring about who is right and who is wrong about something that isn't evident, and may never be evident?  I agree with this to a large extent.  I think people need to accept what they believe, but keep it to themselves and try to live instead.

Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change.

#3 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:31 pm

ultim8m

That's my whole f*cking problem with it.  Religion attempts to CONVINCE you that everything you know is wrong, and they are right.  This goes on the assumption that you lack the personal judgment, and they are somehow better and have found "the answer".  It's insulting and condescending.

~ What makes a person an idiot is their lack of effort to not be one ~

#4 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:33 pm

Freeform
Administrator

I feel that even though it has some problems, religion has helped many people in many ways.  Like anything, there will be good apples and bad apples.

Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change.

Board footer