You are not logged in.

#1 Mon, Sep 21st, 2015 8:15 pm

Freeform
Administrator

Edward Snowden

This is a really interesting documentary on Edward Snowden.  I didn't know the full story, but this video explained a lot to me about what happened.

Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change.

#2 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:44 pm

ultim8m

Re: Edward Snowden

It always fascinated me how the tables were turned on him.... He basically said "Hey America!  Your rights are being infringed upon!", and they said back "We Control the media and are going to try to make you look like a criminal and terrorist and hope no one pays attention to what you just said.". wtf.

If anything I feel that this should have raised awareness to the amount of biased information we are exposed to. Was there any media that actually looked at him like he had done the right thing by informing the public about the agencies violating our privacy rights?

Last edited by ultim8m (Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:47 pm)

~ What makes a person an idiot is their lack of effort to not be one ~

#3 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 8:55 pm

Freeform
Administrator

I am not sure if it was really about them "controlling the media".  I think it might have been more that the media always reports on the law and its decisions, so in a way, they control the verdict more than the media.  At any rate, I don't know the details enough as I wasn't involved, but I did think it was strange that nothing was done about the fact our right are being violated.... It's like it just got put on the back burner or ignored completely. That is weird to me. Not to be a conspiracist or anything, but the word "misdirection" comes to mind.

#4 Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 11:24 pm

ultim8m

nutjob? She speaks as if she is intricately involved in the Snowden situation, yet her video only has 870 or so views. Could just be a crazy, but how do we know?

Last edited by ultim8m (Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 11:25 pm)

~ What makes a person an idiot is their lack of effort to not be one ~

#5 Tue, Jan 12th, 2016 7:04 pm

Freeform
Administrator

I think that's the problem with information, and especially with the internet. Without documented proof, sometimes the only thing we have is someone's word on something.  The internet is a breeding ground of disinformation and hoaxes.  Sometimes it seems like people will do anything for attention. hmm

Board footer